Sunday, August 2, 2009

Herbert Meyer sends news and has joined the BLOG


Ed, great to hear from you. I think I put myself successfully on the "Blog". I have been in touch with Earlene Hamilton over the last few days and plan definitely to attend the 50th. I never get to Milledgeville, but I'm determined to drive down, probably on Wednesday, and hope that we might have some lunch. I called Golden last weekend about coming down, and will call Parker tomorrow. I see Ramsey about once or twice a year. Nothing changes about him, McMilllan or Pugh - Billy Massey says that he needs to lay on more men when they are all in town! My last trip to Milledgeville was to bury Warren Dawson, a great sadness to me.

I'm fine. Got me a knee replacement and play golf all the time. I;'m very serious about my clarinet work, formed a dance band called the Classic City Swing, that plays nothing but the old standards, Miller, Dorsey, etc. I'm president of the Classic City Band here in Athens, and I also play with the Northwind Symphonic Band in Gainesville. Keeps me having fun 9 months a year. Phyllis is still working for the USEPA with no plans to stop. She's about to be 65, a young, but beautiful thing.

Sarah Stembridge Marley and husband David were our guests over July 4. They came for a concert from Savannah for a couple of days. Also had emails from Diane McDade, who is living outside of Auburn, AL, with husband Paul and grandmothering a lot. She is in touch with Otto and Cam. Talked last week to Myles in Greenville. Myles has just finished a year as the District Governor of Rotary International for the state of South Carolina. He has a family reunion the week of the October 22 and will miss the Reunion.

I hope we can pull in some of the old guys. I know Moody is kicking around in Dallas and Chandler is in Hendersonville, NC. It would be fun to call a few of these guys.

Frank O Evans is good about staying up with me, and we keep Henry Stanford in touch. It's just great to hear from you. I'll contact you in the next few days.

I'm at 706 549 8533 (H) or 706 380 3878 (C). I'm planning to call Earlene Hamilton tomorrow about coming down either Wed. or Thursday. Hello Marsha.
Herb Meyer

No comments: